There’s nothing nicer than a few spoonfuls of chutney with a sausage roll. Our winter beetroot chutney recipe is made with cranberries, apple and cumin and is ready to eat straight away after simmering for over an hour. Keep it in the fridge for up to a month and enjoy with your Wall’s Pastry sausage rolls.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Makes 2 medium-sized jars
- Wall’s Pastry sausage rolls
- 1kg raw beetroot, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 cooking apple, peeled and grated
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 75g dried cranberries
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- 500ml red wine vinegar
- 400g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for approx 1 hour 20 minutes until the beetroot is cooked and the liquid has reduced to a sticky chutney consistency.
- Sterilise 2 medium-sized kilner jars in boiling water.
- Allow the chutney to cool and transfer to the jars. Store in the fridge.
You can also enjoy this beetroot chutney recipe with Pork Farms’ peppery pork pies.