Sausage rolls and mushy peas are a classic winter dish that you can’t go wrong with. Make your own with this homemade mushy peas recipe that takes just ten minutes.
Prep time: nil
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves 6 as a side
- Wall’s Pastry sausage rolls
- 500g frozen peas
- 25g salted butter
- 1 tbsp mint sauce
- Fresh mint leaves to garnish
- Large pinch sea salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- Cook the peas in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and add the butter and seasoning.
- Lightly smash with a fork or potato masher.
- Stir through the mint sauce and serve with the fresh mint garnish.
You can also enjoy this healthy mushy peas recipe with Pork Farms’ peppery pork pies.