It’s time to start thinking about ways to spoil your mum on Mother’s Day (22 March) and as spring is almost upon us, what better way to treat your mum than to the first picnic of the year.
Britain’s best picnic spots
Take advantage of the warmer days and spend some quality time with your mum by taking her to one of the UK’s favourite picnic spots. The UK has some great outdoor locations that are an ideal backdrop to enjoy an afternoon of quality time…as well as a few scrumptious savoury snacks. We’ve put together a list of our favourites but if you have any you’d love to share, let us know on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Enjoy a wonderful landscape and a day of history at Corfe Castle in Dorset, where you can visit the Model Village and The Purbeck Hills
- Castlerigg Stone Circle in Keswick is surrounded by an ancient stone circle, which has been named one of Britain’s most impressive prehistoric sites
- With golden sands and crystal-clear water, Barafundle Bay in Pembrokeshire will enhance any picnic – the tranquil atmosphere is an ideal spot for lunch
- Owned by the National Trust, Tatton Park in Knutsford is filled with acres of wildlife and endless opportunities to explore its elegant neo-classical Georgian mansion
- Appreciate the four breath-taking waterfalls at Bowlees Picnic Area in Durham, including the High Force waterfall – England’s largest waterfall with a drop of 21 metres
- Chatsworth House in the Peak District is surrounded by beautifully tended gardens, manicured slopes and a grand estate view, which makes it a classic picnic destination
How to pack the perfect Mother’s Day picnic
Now you’ve decided on where to go, it’s time for our favourite part – the food.
Sausage rolls are a no-brainer when it comes to picnics, just pop them in a Tupperware and you’re good to go. We have a selection of finger food favourites that are tasty and convenient picnic classics and guaranteed to go down a treat with mum.
- Go veggie with our Vegan Snack Rolls paired with a watermelon and feta salad
- Try a vegan packed lunch with ourBBQ Jackfruit Jumbo Roll with carrots, cucumber sticks and grapes
- Our new Chicken Rolls with Sage & Onion taste just like a roast chicken dinner. Why not take them with you and make your own healthier tomato ketchup to go with them?
- No British picnic is complete without a Scotch egg. We like ours served with a potato salad and a pot of coleslaw
- Our Snack Sausage Rolls are ideal for sharing between two and are great when served with a beetroot, cranberry and chilli chutney
You can buy our selection of sausage rolls from a range of Asda, Tesco and convenience shops around the UK.