With indoor play centres not set to reopen until 17 May at the earliest, we understand how tricky it can be to keep your little ones entertained and busy when the infamous April showers hit. So whatever the weather, we’ve put together a selection of activities and recipes to keep the kids entertained, both in and outside, during the school holidays and beyond.
Sausage roll shenanigans
- As well as being a tasty snack, our 12 Cocktail Sausage Rolls can be a great source of fun, with lots of recipes to occupy little hands. Why not help your children make some sausage roll skewers? Alternate our cocktail sausage rolls with pieces of cheese, ham, or vegetables on a skewer for a snack that’s as fun to create as it is to eat
- Challenge your children to see who can create the best self-portrait out of sausage rolls. Use a mix of 16 Mini Pork Sausage Rolls and slices of our Family Sausage Roll to provide them with different shapes and textures. The winner gets to eat their self-portrait first!
On-the-go spring snacking
- When the great British weather allows it, there’s no doubt that kids will be busier than ever now that outdoor sports and activities are open again. Whether they’re playing in the park or on a nature trail, you can keep them fuelled with our range of 10 Pack Snack Sausage Rolls – perfect for eating while on the move
- Our Jumbo Sausage Roll is a great snack for when you’re out and about. If your children are halfway through a football game or midway on a spring walk, it’s bound to fill them up with its light puff pastry and delicious pork filling
- Our 4 Pack Sausage Rolls are perfect for sharing with friends and family. They can be enjoyed hot or cold and make a great bite-sized treat during a nature trail or bike ride
- It wouldn’t be spring without a picnic. Lay out a spread in your garden or visit your favourite local park for a picnic – If you’re stuck for inspiration you can use the National Trust picnic guide for some great locations
- Don’t forget to pack one of our Great Family Favourites Cheese & Onion Quiche or Bacon & Cheese Quiche, perfect for the whole family to enjoy
- Our Scotch Egg is a picnic staple, why not pair it with this simple salad. It’s so easy to make even the kids can get involved in the kitchen
You can buy our savoury snacks at selected Asda, Tesco and convenience stores across the UK.