As the UK approaches its last bank holiday of the year (August 31), Brits across the country will be enjoying a three-day weekend and hopefully soaking up the last of the late summer rays whilst enjoying lots of amazing food with friends and family.
Whether you’re having an afternoon in the garden or a picnic in the park, no bank holiday is complete without a few British snacks. We’ve put together a list of our favourite comfort food staples and recipes to accompany them.
Bank holiday bites
- Our new Chicken Rolls with Sage & Onion taste just like a roast chicken dinner – the perfect picnic snack.
- Try a veggie lunch, our Vegan Snack Rolls are ideal paired with a Greek feta salad
- No buffet is complete without a scotch egg, why not try our healthier Chicken version, accompany it with pickled onions and cheddar cheese for a tasty treat.
Light lunches for bank holiday
- Our Snack Sausage Rolls are ideal for sharing and pair well with our favourite Sweet Potato Fries
- Enjoy some classic Beetroot and Cranberry Chutney with our Mini Sausage Rolls – a great addition to any buffet
- Our Healthier Tomato Ketchup is the perfect dip for our Chicken Jumbo Rolls – they are guaranteed to go down a treat
You can buy our selection of sausage rolls from a range of Asda, Tesco and convenience shops around the UK.