‘Tis the season to host a buffet and although Christmas might look a little different this year, there’s still plenty of opportunity to enjoy delicious food with some fizzy bubbles.
While serving up a festive feast is important, the table needs to look the part too. To help you get ahead this year, we’ve popped together our favourite table decorations and a selection of our tasty treats to complement them. They’re guaranteed to give you some inspiration ahead of the Christmas period.
Festive table decor
- Bring the outside in this year and spruce up your table with sprigs of Christmas tree or holly. Just be sure to keep any holly berries a short distance away from the food. Alternatively, grab some foliage from your garden for the same effect
- Leftover tree decorations? Scatter baubles around your buffet table for pops of Christmas colour. Try a mix of traditional red and gold or for a contemporary twist, go for navy and silver. You can even weave some tinsel around your plates for a bit of extra sparkle
- Use battery powered candles or LED fairy lights to bring a festive glow to your spread. They’ll look magical on Christmas eve
Image credit: Stone Gable Blog
- Our pack of 16 mini pork sausage rolls are perfect for when you have hungry mouths to feed, for a smaller buffet we’ve also got a pack of 12 cocktail sausage rolls – the perfect number to keep everyone satisfied
- The nation’s ‘substantial meal’ of choice, our traditional Scotch Egg or Chicken Scotch Egg can be sliced up for sharing on your buffet table. A tasty alternative to pastry, they’re encased in a yummy golden crumb
- Veggie guests can enjoy our Vegan BBQ Jackfruit Snack Rolls with their hickory smoked BBQ sauce flavour
- Pair all our delicious snacks with a fresh green salad and tempting cheese board for a perfect buffet feast or even create your own Ploughman’s Lunch with pickles, cold meats and boiled eggs
You can buy our savoury snacks at selected Asda, Tesco and convenience shops around the UK.