A sausage roll and baked beans is a British family favourite, particularly at teatime. This homemade vegan smoky beans recipe is made with paprika, cannellini beans and tomato passata and only requires one medium saucepan. For a veggie alternative, try our new vegan jumbo made with Hooba®, a vegan mince made with the stalks of oyster mushrooms.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
- Wall’s Pastry sausage rolls
- 2 tins of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small carton (500g) tomato passata
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium sized saucepan, fry the onion in the olive oil for a couple of minutes. Add all the other ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Season to taste.